Search This Blog

Tutorials

Monday, February 16, 2009

Handstitching part 2




















I've added a second color to the handstitching.  I'm finding this very relaxing.  I haven't done much handstitching in awhile, it's always fun to shake things up a little and try something new.  When you haven't done a skill for a time it's almost like new again.  If I did too much more I would probably get tired of it.  I just want to add one more shade of green.  I think a darker shade with french knots.  So far I have used the seeding stitch for the lighter green and more or less a double feather stitch with the middle shade of green.  I have a book called The Embroidery Stitch Bible by Betty Barnden that is wonderful.  It's a great resource for any stitch you might want to try.  Back to stitching. Janet

No comments: