Search This Blog

Tutorials

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Birthday gift


My daughter has been talking about getting a cat.  I thought I would help her out!  I have had this pattern for a number of years.  Just waiting for the right opportunity.

Here is the pattern.  It is for a small wall quilt but I made a pillow.  There are two sizes for the cat in the pattern.  I used the smaller pattern.

This is before it was all sewn on and I was trying to add the toenails.
A closer shot of the toenails.

Here is a head shot.  I couldn't find any cat shaped eyes at the local stores so I added a little stitching around these to give them a little more cat shape. And definition.

I tried to do some different stitching in each row of squares, hearts, clamshells, this one is supposed to look like farm fields.

I really like this fur I found.  I had a different one to start with, but this looked more cat like to me.

I think she liked it!
Have a creative day
Janet

No comments: