Search This Blog

Tutorials

Sunday, August 4, 2013

P.h.d. (Projects half done)


I'm working on some of my Phd's this summer!  Sounds impressive doesn't it.  I am definitely a 'beginning' quilter, I love to begin quilts.  I'm trying to become a finishing quilter.  


I've been enjoying all the flowers in my yard this summer.  We have lived here for almost 22 years now so I think we are almost finished landscaping.  We add one or two new flowers, or trees, or shrubs each year.  So, when I came across this tiny flower quilt hiding in my sewing room, I decided it was time to finish this project,  I bought this kit from a vendor at the Minnesota Quilt Show a couple of years ago.  It will only be 10 1/4 x 14 1/2 inches when it is finished.  It is a Primitive Gatherings design by Lisa Bongean called Little Buds.


I have all the little flower pieces cut now.  Next is the added embroidery.  After I trim the blocks I add a few borders.  One of the borders uses 1/2 inch thangles.  I have never used thangles before so makes it fun to try something different.  I think it is like paper piecing.

Enjoy the summer, it is over too fast!  This year we added a raised bed garden.  I am loving having a vegetable garden again.

Have a creative day
Janet

No comments: