Search This Blog

Tutorials

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Wave Runner by Marlous Designs

Today's Phd (Project half done) is brought to you by Quilt Cove in Eagan, Minnesota.  I purchased this kit while on the Twin Cities shop hop and began piecing on a retreat with Minnesota Contemporary Quilters.  Came home from the retreat and left the quilt in the bag.  Oops!

It's really quick and easy.  You make straight blocks.  Cut them in a wonky design, and put them back together.  That's what quilters do best, take big pieces of fabric, cut it into small pieces of fabric and make a different big piece of fabric.

I just need to add the borders yet and than this one will move to the pile of quilts to be quilted.  It is too hot for quilting with my long arm right now.  My light bar above the machine is full of lights which add to the heat in the house.  With the heat index over one hundred every day right now...well, it's just not going to happen.  (The photo looks as though the whole quilt is wonky, but that is just my poor photography)

Next up is another Pinterest project.  I needed to stop and do something a little bit artsy.

Have a Creative Day
Janet

No comments: