Search This Blog

Tutorials

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Finishes


I thought you might like to see my finished autumn bowl.  I wish I'd had a video camera rolling when I popped the balloon.  I don't know which would have been better, the look on my face or the shape of the bowl.  As the balloon deflated, so did the bowl, just crumpled in on top of itself.  Before I could recover from my surprise it popped back out again.  It was stuck to the balloon at first but quickly came free all on it's own.  I think it turned out very nicely for something that looked like a wad of chewed gum earlier today.

I realized I never showed a completed photo of my big quilt from JoAnn Fabrics block of the month.  I grabbed my husband and son for photography help this morning, since they were both home.

My tiny quilt is almost finished, a little more free motion quilting around the flowers, a label, a hanging sleeve and some binding to go.  My sewing machine was getting hot though so I thought I should give it a break.  Oh, wait maybe I was getting hot, no I think we both were.

Have a creative day
Janet

No comments: