Search This Blog

Tutorials

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Thangles

Thangles are new for me even though the copyright on these is 1997.  They are fairly simple and definitely make these tiny triangles a little easier to piece.  I think the 1/2 inch size is the smallest.  I am half way done,  I have 48 squares so far and I know this is much faster than trying to make each one individually.
These will be a great way to use up scraps of fabric.  The package I bought has the 1/2" and 3/4" sizes.  I have a whole stack of each size so I can just use leftover scraps from other quilts and make a ton of teeny, tiny triangles!
Here are all the pieces I need for my Little Buds quilt along with the great instructions that were included in the package of thangles.
Ready to sew the first one.
This photo is a little blurry, that is a nickel, just to give you a size reference.
Half finished!
I'm not sure if I will do the rest tonight or tomorrow.  Putting my knee up with ice on it for now.  My Little Buds quilt is almost finished.
Have a Creative Day
Janet

No comments: