Search This Blog

Tutorials

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

On to the next

I finished up my "Little Buds" quilt by Lisa Bongean.  It is from www.primitivegatherings.us

I bought this little kit at a Minnesota quilt show a couple of years ago.  Great directions and she included enough fabric for the back and the binding as well as generous amounts for all the other pieces in the quilt.  This quilt is 10.5" x 14.5".

I thought I would show you what I did in place of a sleeve.  I used corner hangers.  You can just slide a small piece of dowel up into the corner slots and hang your quilt.  This works great for small quilts.  I learned how to do this on the Minnesota Contemporary Quilters website.

Here is the finished front of the quilt.

And the back.  Lots of quilting for something so tiny.

Decided on my next project.  I purchased this on a Twin Cities Shop hop a year or so ago.  It will be a great project bag.  Lots of room for everything.  I may have been influenced by the fact that my daughter is named Stephanie!  But it does look like a great bag.
And the fabric I chose.

Have a Creative Day
Janet

1 comment: