Search This Blog

Tutorials

Monday, September 29, 2014

It's costume time!

I have a confession, I have always loved making costumes.  I coerced my daughter into needing a costume this year.  A week ago I sent her photos of a couple of costumes I thought would be fun to make.  I told her she really needed a costume this year, right!?!  We got together on Saturday for brunch and afterwards I took her to JoAnn Fabrics to pick a pattern and fabric.  I am super excited.  This is the pattern I plan to make. (The short steampunk type one in the middle.  We chose a flocked black denim for the jacket and hopefully she will be able to wear it for more than just a costume.  Here is the Simplicity pattern we chose.

While we there we found some really fun fabric to morph my dog into a stegosaurus.  My first homemade pattern.  How did I do?  He still needs the head piece but I made this today.  It's lined with a very soft fleece so he doesn't seem to mind wearing it.  Isn't Mocha a good model, and he looks ferocious right?

I have had a class on Craftsy in my wish list for quite awhile.  The class teaches how to alter a pattern for a plus size body.  I finally decided to take this class because I really miss making clothes for myself. So, expect to see more clothing in the future.  I bought myself a jacket pattern too.

I did get an email saying my thread shipped this week.  I know I could have taken it off the frame and worked on something else but I was afraid it would end up in my pile of unfinished quilts and never get done.  In the meantime I pieced a back for my Craftsy Block of the month.  This is my own design too.

Have a creative day
Janet

No comments: