Search This Blog

Tutorials

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

No quilting, just piecing

Still waiting for my thread!

In the mean time. . .

Finishing up more UFO's.  This is from a Craftsy class, the 2012 block of the month.  I was using a Kaffe Fassett fat quarter bundle for the fabric, along with a tone on tone white for the background color.  I had two blocks left when I was down to tiny scraps and had to order more fabric. Setting it to the side while I waited was how this quilt ended up in 'the pile' of unfinished quilts.  I plan to piece the back in more of a modern style using my leftover pieces.  This one I don't even need to plan how to quilt.  Craftsy also has a class taught by Leah Day on how to quilt a sampler and more specifically this quilt.  I really admire Leah Day and think I will learn a lot from this class.

Here is another unfinished project.

I started this one at a retreat with Minnesota Contemporary Quilters.  I set it aside while trying to decide whether to keep it as a lap quilt or add a little fabric to at least make it fit a twin bed.  I decided last week when I pulled it out of 'the pile,' to make it a little bigger.  I wasn't sure if I would still be able to find the same fabric but luckily I knew the name of the fabric line, Urban Couture by Basic Grey for Moda.  I put it in a search engine and found exactly what I needed.  I ordered on Thursday and had the fabric by Saturday!  Amazing service!  Thank you to Nana's House Quilt Shop in Nashville.

After I finish piecing these two, fronts and backs, I am excited to start my next project.  I washed and pressed all the fabric so, I am ready to go.  This is for the Craftsy 2014 block of the month on color theory.  Aren't these fabrics amazing.

Have a creative day
Janet

No comments: