Search This Blog

Tutorials

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Finishing projects

Too many projects at the almost finished stage!  I guess it's better than too many projects at the just beginning stage, right?

  


This is the quilt I left on my longarm while waiting for more thread.  Yeah, it's quilted!  So, I thought I had saved a piece of the wine colored fabric to use for the binding on the edge of the quilt.  I can't find it anywhere. :(  I know as soon as I finish it with something else I will find that piece, but finish I must.  I made a trip to Quilt Cove to try and find something that might work.  The ladies working at the shop were very helpful.  Here is what we came up with, I had my heart set on the wine color which is not easy to match.

I also bought some backing fabric for my glow in the dark block of the month.  I finished piecing it this last week.  So, I didn't get it completely done for my son's birthday but I will wrap up the top and give it to him today and put it on the longarm tomorrow.  It is all straight lines, squares and rectangles so I need to use curves when I quilt.  Still not quite sure what I will do but hopefully I will be inspired as I put it on the machine.

Here is the fabric I bought at Quilt Cove for the back.


I had to finish the quilt on my longarm so I would be able to quilt my son's quilt.  My flag was finished yesterday.  I bought a pantograph by Patricia Ritter of Urban Elementz to use on the stripes.  I read somewhere this pantograph is often used on Quilts of Valor.  Once I get caught up on my own projects I plan to do some quilts of valor.  The words on it are courage, bravery, honor and valor interspersed with stars.

I am thinking of using this fabric for the binding.  

I didn't make any more of my Dear Jane quilt this week but all in all it was pretty productive.
Have a creative day
Janet










No comments: