Search This Blog

Tutorials

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Sew on, and on, and on...


I have been very busy sewing this week.  I'm trying to finish the Craftsy quilt by the end of this month, for a gift.  The second set of blocks were the most challenging.  24 sets of little 1 inch grids!  
What a relief when they were complete and bonus they all measure to the correct size!
These ones seemed like a picnic after the tiny squares.
I decided I wanted to get an idea of what it was going to look like.  It doesn't really fit on my design 'wall' but you get the idea.  This is the first three months.
The next addition was a rail fence that was also pretty easy.  Whew!
Here is my design wall with the rail fence blocks added in.
I skipped a month and did the big blue blocks next.  So now I only have one set of blocks to go before I can start piecing it all together.  Maybe I will be finished by the end of the month.
I did sneak in time to finish 4 more blocks for my Dear Jane quilt.
Have a creative day
Janet


No comments: