Search This Blog

Tutorials

Monday, December 7, 2009

"In the meadow..."



Christmas carols are running through my mind lately. I guess that is what inspired my Christmas landscape postcard. "In the meadow we can build a snowman..." They are all cut out now. I have one fused and three to go and than some thread painting to add to the scene. Having fun playing with these in between loads of laundry etc today. I'll show you the finished cards later today or tomorrow.

I did make it to visit my mom yesterday. It was very nice. The retirement home was decorated beautifully for the holidays. They had cookies and coffee and a sing-a-long. They had a few people playing instruments as well. One played violin which was my mom's instrument too, so she enjoyed hearing that. She also liked Emma's tree and it is now hanging on the door to her room.

I took a photo of the stitchery I did for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Thought I would share that with you. This is one of the many mementos hanging in her room that make it feel like home to her.

Sounds like the washer has stopped so I'd better run.
Have a creative day.
Janet

1 comment:

Tennye said...

I love the post card, you are doing a great job.
Tennye