Search This Blog

Tutorials

Monday, December 21, 2009

Cookie recipe

Several people have asked for the recipe for chocolate marshmallow cookies. In fact someone mentioned she scrolled over the photo hoping the recipe would show up and than clicked hoping the recipe would show up. Honestly that never even occurred to me and I'm not sure that I can do that with blogspot but I'll look into it for the future. Gives me something new to try to learn.

Chocolate marshmallow cookies

Cream:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg

Sift together:
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 cup cocoa

1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
approximately 18 large marshmallows cut in half
chocolate frosting

Add sifted ingredients a little at a time to the creamed mixture adding a little of the milk each time.

Drop by teaspoonful on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 min. DO NOT OVERBAKE
(Just copying my recipe here)

Pull out immediately press down 1/2 marshmallow on each cookie. Place back in the oven and bake for 2 minutes No Longer
cool & frost

We used to make a chocolate frosting from scratch with a tiny bit of coffee in it, but I'm a little lazy now I guess and just buy some pre-made milk chocolate frosting.
Enjoy!

If something doesn't make sense here just asked. I was interrupted four times for someone wanting dinner, sometimes when I get distracted my recipe changes a little. Just ask my sister-in-law about the candy recipe I gave her a long time ago.
Have a creative day
Janet

2 comments:

suzanengler said...

Yummm!

Stephanie Hughes said...

Janet, I just made these and they ARE wonderful. Thanks for sharing this with us. If you find out how to add a pdf file to your blog, would love for you to share. Thanks, Steph