Search This Blog

Tutorials

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas postcards complete!



Just in the nick of time. The due date for mailing is tomorrow, so as long as I can get out of my driveway, I'm OK. It's been snowing most of the day and is supposed to continue all night. I have trouble with our snow blower and my husband is away on business. Maybe I can bribe my son to do it. He is always asking for ways to earn some money.

I'm happy with these cards. I've never mailed any with beads before, so I stitched a few more times than I normally would. I've received cards with beads, so they should make it through to their destinations.

Here is an unfinished card. I thought about doing these for my threadpainted cards for Postmark'd art. The group was larger than I expected though and it took quite a bit of time and thread to make my flamingo. Not sure who I will send this to but it will go in the mail one day.

I have five rows complete for my chip bag purse. Just one more to go. Maybe I can finish it for Christmas! I plan to make a lining and sew the zipper to the lining. At least that's my plan for now.

I'd better go, I have a few more beads to sew on one more postcard.
Have a creative day
Janet

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Very pretty and I love all of your PC's in your slideshow.

Yvonne said...

Very pretty and I love all of your PC's in your slideshow.

Christine Staver said...

Your postcards are wonderful as always. Nice thread painting too.

Kathleen C said...

I'm a member of Val Hearder's Landscape group-tho I hadn't been there for quite awile, until recently. From there, i can here to see you! Love your detailed postcard with all the hand work. The slide show is also great; the landscapes from Bev in TN and Carol in Canada are lovely in their simplicity.
Kathleen C.