Search This Blog

Tutorials

Monday, September 2, 2013

Borders finished and more

I finished the borders on the Wave Runner quilt tonight.  It has cooled off, so hopefully I can get a little quilting done this week too. 

In the mean time, I also made another bowl.  I started this one right after I finished my autumn leaf bowl.  This confetti bowl had to be done in layers, so I added a little each day. 

 This time I was a little smarter and taped my balloon to the empty jar.

I haven't decided whether or not to trim the edge of the bowl.  


The one I saw on Pinterest was trimmed, but I'm liking this free form edge.

I also did a little experiment with another photo transfer.  I started with some wooden sticks.  

I taped the sticks together on the back side and did the transfer just like the last one I did.

I made one in pink.

and one in purple.

My daughter helped me cut them apart.  I've been playing with how I want to arrange the pieces.  

Once I figure that out they will need to have the final finishing coat added for protection. 

 The color is more vibrant after the final coat is added.
Have a creative day
Janet

No comments: