|tree bark (the beginning) or shirt (the end)|
I found a background that is full of older looking machines and printed it on fabric. Next I stenciled some Victorian lace and a Victorian frame with walnut ink.
I felt this covered up the machinery a little too much so I used my inktense pencils to highlight a few of the items of machinery. Finally I added a few little metallic touches with embellishments. I hope they travel safely on the cards.
The card I have received so far I think had a little rivet on it as well, but it fell off somewhere along the way. With 9 of us in this group, I'm picturing a drawer of rivets in the post office somewhere between here and there. Isn't this card amazing. I love the depth she created.
|Steampunk by Lynn of Washington|
I've started working on a 12" square piece for SAQA and decided to make tree bark. I have seven or eight photos of tree bark from different types of trees and have been wanting to make a series out of them. The 12" square requirement for SAQA sounded like a good size to work with for this challenge. So far I have destroyed an old top of my mom's that she no longer wanted. I cut holes in the fabric and used my heat gun to melt the edges a little so they would pull back.
I've also painted some lutradur with Jacquard lumiere metallic rust. I think this will make a great background for the slits. Now to put them together and add some moss etc.
Have a creative day