Search This Blog

Tutorials

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Journal Doodles


I finished my visioning board.  It was kind of a fun exercise and definitely made me think a little more about where I want to go this next year.  Things like this are geared to be individual so I won't show you my board.  I would like to share the saying at the center of the board.  

"Though no one can go back and make a Brand-New Start, anyone can start from now and make a Brand-New Ending."  by writer Carl Bard

So here is to the start of a Brand-New Ending.  Should be a fun year.







I've been working on my journal for the year.  These two pages are for the month of January. I will have one small square for each day, just like a calendar (the squares will be glued on top).  This journal is to keep track of my creative pursuits.  Today was spent, painting the pages.  This is my interpretation of Tracy Bautista's work.  Here is her book Doodles Unleashed.  Tomorrow I'm hoping to try the same thing on fabric.  I'd like to get some india ink which is what Traci uses for her black lines.  It really seems to pop more than the marker I used.
The next project is a challenge for Minnesota Quilters.  I bought a bag of black and white fabric at the show last June.  In the middle of the fabric was a marker.  For the challenge I can use black and white and hot pink(the color of my marker).  Here is what they gave me.
 
Here are some things I've been collecting since the show.





Should be a little like a zentangle.

Have a Creative Day
Janet

1 comment:

Renee! said...

Very nice! I love Traci's class... I also just followed your blog and would love it if you'd follow mine too!
xoxo
www.fussitup.blogspot.com