Search This Blog

Tutorials

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Craftsy Block of the month, Traci Bautista continued...

Have you found the Craftsy site yet?  There is so much inspiration on this site from many creative people.  There are also a number of classes you can take from Knitting to Quilting and everything in between.  This month they started a block of the month class which lasts all year.  The class is free so even if you only learn how to do one or two blocks you come out ahead.  I think they are showing how to make two blocks each month.  Here are my blocks for January.  By the end of the year I'll have a new quilt!  The instructions are in video format as well as a print version.  The video is great and you can post any questions you have as well as talk to others taking the same class.  There is even a spot to write notes to yourself while you are watching the video.  I'm very impressed with the format and I have to admit I am a class junky on the internet.
Asterisk
                      

Wonky Pound Sign
                      
I posted about the journal pages I created from the class taught by Traci Bautista (you can preview the class through youtube link).  She is the free art class on the Strathmore Online Workshops site this month.  These instructions are also in video with a printable list of supplies.  You can ask questions and have your own page to post photos.  I really had fun creating doodles using her techniques and wanted to try it on fabric as well.  Here is the beginning of my layers of paint, markers, paintsticks etc. on fabric.  




I missed a photo of the second layer but I also have a few close ups of some of the doodles emerging from underneath.
(bottom left corner)
                       

                         
                   
                         
Have a Creative Day

Janet

No comments: