Search This Blog

Tutorials

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tangent Tuesday


I've been rethinking why I blog. This blog began as a tool to keep me motivated. In order to post I needed to create. My purpose is still the same but now I want to create a weekly challenge to try something new, or at least new for me. So I am calling this Tangent Tuesday. Each Tuesday I will challenge myself to go off in a new direction. The series of quilts I am trying to create right now take a little more of my time, so this will give me a chance to step back and take a fresh look at something else. Give me a chance to recharge my batteries. So join me on Tuesday's to create your own challenge or try the same one I am using. Let me know what ideas you come up with for your tangent's. I've started a list for future Tuesday's and it is already getting long. Maybe I will need to add a fancy Friday or a sensational Saturday somewhere down the road.

My daughter and I pooled our resources some time ago and purchased a cricut machine on ebay. She has used it quite a few times, but I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't used it once. So, this weeks challenge will be cutting some small details using fabric with the cricut. I plan to use them on my 'anything goes' postcards for Postmark'd Art.

I'll post photos once I get this thing figured out. Might have to call my daughter... (The photo at the top of the page is a little part of one of the quilts I have entered in Minnesota Quilt Show in June)
Have a creative day.
Janet

No comments: