Search This Blog

Tutorials

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween fun!



We enjoy Halloween at our house. I think we secretly crave being actors. Dressing up as something other than who you are everyday, is always fun. My son decided to be the Lucky Charms Leprechaun this year. He purchased a hat and it came with the little tufts of fur(facial hair?). I dyed a jacket for him. I used one of the jackets I brought back from my mom's. It was stained and I couldn't get the stain out. I've only dyed natural fabrics before so I wasn't sure if it would turn out. Here is a photo of before, during and after.





My daughter was fire. She went with a group of friends who were each a different element, i.e. water, wind etc. She purchased a devil costume. It was a little short so I added some to the length and than made some cutouts within the body of the cotume. Here she is before hair and make-up. Also a couple of close-ups.



We put out a few decorations yesterday afternoon. The guy sitting in the chair upset our dog. He barked at it the first couple of times he saw it and than tried to jump up in it's lap. A couple of kids who came to trick or treat wondered if it was real. Didn't need to put out any fake spider webs as we just left the ones we really have! Realistic touch.


I started the Anilee Treasure Hunt today. I will end up with a quilt designed by Stephanie Forsyth. Can't wait to see it!
Have a creative day.
Janet
ps: did you see that Leah Day has her first DVD of free motion quilting designs for sale?

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Those are awesome costumes!

I love the story about your dog barking at the "stranger" and then making nice with him.

To go as an element, i.e. fire, is way cool. I love Halloween too, but didn't get in the mood this year for some reason - maybe the icky weather...