Search This Blog

Tutorials

Monday, April 13, 2015

Piecing, and planning!

Here is the final arrangement.  I decided to have the joins blend in with the rest of the rings.  I like all the rich color.
I was encouraged, when I pieced the first block, it laid flat!


Here are the first four blocks.  I decided if I do four each day I should be finished piecing by the end of the month.



I have eight finished now and am getting better with each one.  I should be a pro by the end of the month.

If you follow my blog you know I can't be tied to one quilt at a time, and usually have several going all at once.  Well, my distractible mind came across this gem of a quilt the other day.  I saw it on Facebook but Liz wrote a blogpost about her quilt and you can see it here.  I ordered several prints of a panel so I can try this.  She also told me there is a group on Facebook for people who make One Block Wonder quilts.  So I joined!?!  Wow, there are some beauties on that site.  Looking through all the photos reminded me I wanted to try and make one with blocks in the design, such as this.  Of course I have a UFO that will fill this need perfectly.  

I bought this fabric soon after I pieced my One Block Wonder

I cut it out and started looking at the design and decided maybe it wasn't the best fabric for this type of quilt.  (Small design) so I set it aside until I could decide what to do with it.  I pulled it out yesterday and started sewing the pieces together. (After I finished my four blocks for the wedding ring quilt, priorities in the chaos). 
This is about a fourth of the hexagon's.  These quilts go together very fast.  I needed something I could actually see completing before I turn 70.

Now to find some fabrics for the blocks, I want to add a little M. C. Escher in this quilt.  
Have a creative day
Janet 


No comments: