Search This Blog

Tutorials

Friday, March 13, 2015

Perfectly precise piecing!

Paper Piecing makes me look good!  I love the precision of the piecing.  I started making the flying geese for Judy Niemeyer's quilt, Flowers for my wedding ring.  I only have one unit complete so far.  I have to admit one cup of coffee was not enough to get my head on straight this morning and I had to re-do the first seam three times.  I had a second cup of coffee and things like, what is the right side of the fabric became clear!  

I finished cutting all the curved pieces yesterday.

I also cut the big triangles.

I don't have all the triangles cut yet for the flying geese but I'm getting closer.  Exciting to almost have all the pieces cut.  I only need 25 more flying geese units.  Maybe I will finish them this month!

I have a pile of mending to finish this afternoon, so I'd better get busy.  
I also need to sew some embellishment on the dress I have been making for my daughter.  The longer she leaves it in my care, the more I add.  She was here for a few minutes the other day, so I got the approval to add this to the shoulder.  (I also bought a few swavorski crystals). Is it starting to look quilt like yet?  I haven't added the crystals yet, but just a few would look nice, don't you think?
We went to the ice caves last Sunday and it was amazing.  So glad I did this even though my feet made it difficult to walk for a few days after.  Definitely worth it! I'm seeing an ice cave quilt somewhere in my future.

Have a creative day
Janet

No comments: