Search This Blog

Tutorials

Monday, November 11, 2013

Mystery Quilt

My next unfinished project is a mystery quilt I made several years ago in the learning fiber arts group (learningfa).  I finished the class at the time, it was a 52" square.  I liked the design but wasn"t sure how I wanted to complete the quilt, size etc.  So, it went onto my "to be finished later" shelf.  Later has arrived!  Here it is fresh from the shelf, wrinkles and all.

I took the original square and turned it on point.

Added some triangles, to make it once more a square.

Added some borders so it would be a queen size quilt.  Sorry I don't have anywhere large enough to lay out a quilt this size, but you get the idea.

Now I need to plan my quilting, clean and oil my longarm etc. and get busy finishing this quilt.
Have  creative day.
Janet


No comments: