Search This Blog

Tutorials

Thursday, April 12, 2012

April BOM and more Van Gogh's


water lily continued

The BOM (block of the month) for the Craftsy class involved hexagons.  I have never made a block with a hexagon before and honestly, I don't know if I ever will again.  A little to much time involved in this block.  It's not even the time really, I like to work on projects that I can take time to do the little fussy things that can add something to the character of the final outcome.  The outcome didn't seem to justify the time for me.  Maybe if I had tried to create my own designs with the little hexxies I would have enjoyed it more, so possibly I will try again sometime and see what I can make.  But for now, here are the two blocks for April.


Hexi stripe block pattern
Sunny with a chance of hex
I have received two new postcards for the Van Gogh group in Postmark'd Art.  A portion of Starry Starry Night that was felted on an embellisher.  
       
Starry starry night by Frankie
                     
A cypress tree with wonderful quilting and sparkly tulle.  Both are true works of art, I think Van Gogh would be proud.
Cypresses by Debbie
                                 
Have a creative day
Janet

No comments: