Search This Blog

Tutorials

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Still painting!


I'm working on a new project with some painting.  I had my daughter take a photo of my husband and I holding hands.  Well, actually I had her take a photo of just our hands.  I wanted to recreate them for a small quilt.  I had planned to use fabric and thread, but since I took the painting class on Craftsy, I decided to give it a try with paint.
                     



I forgot to take a photo before I added any paint.  Here is the beginning of my project with some color on the hands.  I made the difference in our hand color more pronounced to emphasize which hand is which.  I only had one light colored batik, so they both started with the same color.  A piece of the original color is laying beside the hands.
                              


Now I need to add some more shadows, and paint the sleeves.
Have a Creative Day
Janet

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Your hands look very lifelike. I always find hands and feet the most difficult to do. And I think it was a good idea to darken one hand a bit - adds to clarity. Very nice.