Search This Blog

Tutorials

Friday, December 9, 2011

Landscape challenge


The Val Hearder Landscape yahoo group is having a challenge. Val sent each of us a piece of fabric to use for our landscape. The only requirement was to use colored pencils somewhere in the piece. I tend to use my colored pencils mostly on paper so this was new for me. Here is the fabric we were each given.

It is just amazing to me that we all started with the same piece and yet they all look very different. The fabric was about 8 inches by maybe 15 inches. I didn't use the entire piece. My finished piece including the borders is 12" x 9.5". I had some trouble getting the pencil to show as dark as I wanted so I also used pentel dye sticks for a little of the color.

It looked like a scene I would enjoy so I added the chair, don't you just want to sit back, relax and watch the sun rise. (Especially when it is 10 degrees outside here colder with the wind chill) I can feel the heat of the sun right now, I can dream right?
Have a creative day
Janet

No comments: