Search This Blog

Tutorials

Friday, November 11, 2011

In Remembrance




November's theme for the ATC's is "in Remembrance". I finished my card today so I thought I would share it to thank those of you whom I can't thank personally. I know I have many people in my own family to thank for all of the freedom I have today. In loving memory, I thank my dad(Air Force) and Harvey(Navy) (WWII) and Dick(Air Force) (Korea). I thank my brother John, cousin Doug and his son Mike who were all members of the National Guard. My brother Jim(Navy) and sister Judy(Army) for their service in Vietnam, I know you never received the proper thank you, you deserved. My brother-in-law Joe(Air Force) and nephew Mike(Marines) for their multiple tours in Iraq. I hope I am not missing someone, but know that you are all in my heart today as well as the hearts and minds of a grateful nation.

My ATC is a miniature version of Van Gogh's "Field with Poppies." I filled in the field with tiny red beads for the poppies and I added a little frame to make it more like his work of art. In America we use the poppy more for our Memorial Day in May. Many of the people in my group are from other countries. The organizer is from England and today is Remembrance Day in England and Canada as well I believe. Here it is called Veterans Day and we are thankful to all veterans for their current or past duties.

"
The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month marks the signing of the Armistice, on 11th November 1918, to signal the end of World War One."

Have a creative day
Janet

No comments: