Search This Blog

Tutorials

Friday, September 18, 2015

Another UFO pieced!

I started this One Block Wonder several years ago.  After cutting the pieces I really thought it was a very boring quilt so I put it aside for another day.  I have been inspired by the wonderful quilters in the Facebook group for people who make OBW quilts.  They try lot's of different techniques.  I was intrigued by the ones who made different size hexagons.  So I made some half size hexies and some giant size hexies.  

These are going to add some pizzazz to the back of the quilt.  I added enough of a border to some of the smaller ones so they would fit in the quilt and put the rest in the border.  I think it has a little more flare now.
I also started the 2015 Summer Block of the Month with Craftsy.  It began in July.  I finished July, August and September.  Here are a few of the blocks


Now I need to work on my challenge for Art Quilts Around the World.  It's due at the end of this month.  I've started several times but wasn't happy with what I was making.  'Uniform' hasn't been an easy thing for me to create as a quilt.  I keep in my mind going back to the uniform I wore in elementary school, which makes me think of church since it was a Catholic school.  But now I have two quilts to make, the small one for this challenge and a larger one of my childhood church.  Not sure why but something is calling me to try to recreate my church in fabric.  I think it's the stones, I love the texture of stone.
I need to get busy.  I'm planning to go to the AQS Show in Des Moines at the end of this month so I need to get my challenge quilt finished before I go.
Have a creative day
Janet






No comments: