Search This Blog

Tutorials

Friday, July 31, 2015

Snowflakes in July!

I was invited to join the group Art Quilts Around the World.  I was feeling the need to get back to making art quilts and thought this would be a fun and challenging adventure for me.  There are some wonderful artists in this group.

I just joined two days ago so I was told I didn't need to do the current challenge as the due date was today.  When I saw it was snowflake, I had to try.  

Obviously really quickly made but I think I did ok for my first art quilt in over a year.  

I had to make each snowflake unique because we all know each snowflake is different.
One made with angelina film

One with angelina fiber

One couched embroidery floss

One with ribbon and decorative stitch.


The rest were purchased at some point in the distant past and conviently resurfaced in my sewing space while I was trying to look for ideas.
I called it blizzard and tried to make it look like the wind was blowing from several directions at once. It seems like that is what happens when it snows enough you can't get out of your driveway.

I also added a decorative stitch to the binding which is something I have never done before, but I thought it looked like snowflakes so seemed appropriate.

If you would like to see the other interpretations of snowflake please go to Art Quilts Around the World. Our next challenge is uniform.  I will have two months to work on this idea.  So look for those quilts at the end of September
Have a Creative Day
Janet

No comments: